Monday, June 8, 2009

How do you like your eggs?



How do you like your eggs? This question, asked a million times a day at diners and restaurants around the world, should be easy to answer.

I like mine scrambled with cheese, please. See, easy.

Unless I'm in a mood, then I like them over easy. With a little salt and pepper. On those days it's fun to watch the yolk run.. i like to pretend it's running away from me before I scoop it up with some toast. Like i said, when i'm in a mood.

But then I have days when I'd really prefer a quiche or breakfast casserole of some kind.

Some people don't like eggs at all, so they would probably answer "none, thanks, but can I replace it with extra sausage or fruit?"

I think eggs are one of God's most versatile foods. It's a binding agent, works great with protein or glutin. It can be cooked in untold forms. And tastes great with anything added to it. Except candy, but really, candy is great all by itself. Eggs cook quickly and are highly nutritious. And perfect between bread or not.

Like right now, I'm eating pan scrambled eggs with cheese topped with chopped olive and salsa. Yum! paired with a great cup of coffee, it's a great way to get the day started.

So, here's to an egg-cellent day. And that's no yolk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment