Monday, January 31, 2011

Where's Willingham?

Some days I wonder where I am. I feel like Waldo amidst his world of look alikes and crazy characters. For Waldo, normal is being adrift in a sea of business, but taking the time to wave to those who will look for him. That was today for me.

 It was a normal, regular day. And I wondered what was wrong. No special events, no catastrophe to manage. Just a regular ol day. I'm not sure what to do with those anymore. See, since the last post I've been really busy managing life for our little tribe. Sick Husband came to visit. And sick, he was. Work had a week and a half fundraiser/special event so everyday was energy charged. Needless to say, I was shoved in the direction I would go.. Shoved by forces beyond my control.

So now, I look around for a minute and think "hmmm, is this what normal looks like?" If so, normal is kind of boring. I never really pegged myself as an adrenaline junky, but I think my life has made me one. Just standing here in the middle of life's menagerie and waving to the internet (hi Mom!) doesn't get my juices flowing, but it makes me happy. So, here's my biggest Waldo smile to you!

I pray that I can find contentment and appreciate the joy that is a "normal" stretch of life, however short it may be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment