Friday, September 11, 2009

Patriot Day

It's been quite a good Friday... finished testing... kids were good in class... Book Buddies to wrap it all up.. Then I realized.. What happened to Patriot Day?? No mention of it from the school (my main source to know what day it is).. Not until I checked my blogs and saw some cakewrecks with twin towers did I sit and think about the effects of this day 8 years ago. I think we, as a people, have forgotten.

Will there be any prayer rallies for our troops serving overseas in those countries?? How about for our friends (known or unknown) who secretly work to keep us free? Or are we too busy trying to make it to the weekend to acknowledge that today marks 8 years since a way of life ended?... not like the terrorists wanted, but a way of life when we think America is untouchable. I hope that we all will take a moment to remember where we were and what we were in the middle of when those towers fell.. Not for pity's sake, but to know that there is a God in heaven who is aware and cares for His creation, even in the midst of pain and tragedy and fear, and hurt.

So as I look forward to the weekend, the coming funeral on Monday for Chris's grandfather, and seek a few moments of peace, perhaps I will hug my kids a little tighter and pray for God protection and peace in this lost and fallen world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment