Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A little recap, in case you were wondering where Happy Marie went

So, I've had quite a few weeks of "fun".. Let me give you a recap..

1. Start of new school year in a new grade level
2. car out while they try to fix the a/c, which they can't so i get the car back after 2 weeks
3. dryer stops drying, no dryer for 2 weeks
4. new team leader gets acute appendicitis that is not responding to antibiotics and will be out indefinitely, dr finds heart trouble, team leader out indefinitely; I resume team leader duties
5. trip to NB to see the fam
6. mad rush home 5 hours early due to exploding faucet in central bathroom
7 spend Labor Day laboring over nonstandard valves, new fixture, and wet carpet
8. attempt to find solution to beginning of year reading testing issues due to absence of reading teacher
9.come home to house full of holes and fans, missing carpets and electricity in certain zones (including the washer and dryer), can't turn fans off for 24 hours
10. unplanned meeting in middle of the day 30 minutes away from my campus

Any one of these things has the potential to send me over the edge, but all 10 within a 2 1/2 week period is enough to make me find the nearest doctor and ask for some of those "happy pills" I keep hearing about.

I'm trying not to whine about it all, cuz no one wants to hear whining, and, as my students will tell you, I HATE whining more than dirty socks and lice. And I am so thankful for all the good things I have. But enough already! I even attempted self medicating with chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes. It helped some. Anyway, that's what's going on with us. Joy oh joy. Can't wait to see how God is getting the glory out of this. Prayers welcomed and needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment