Friday, September 18, 2009

Heading into the weekend

Wow! Unbelievable! It was as close to a normal week as I've had in AGES. Nothing new broke. Nothing exploded that wasn't supposed to. Everyone made it to work and school on time. Nothing pooped on my floor (that I know of). Wow!


I never really thought I'd crave normalcy. I don't mean that I'm an adrenaline junky or anything, but I've always known that "normal" was not going to be my life. But these days, I relish the idea of coming home, making dinner, hanging with the family and not attempting to make a huge impact on anything. I want to be a wall flower for awhile. I want to be invisible for a spell. Don't worry, or anything, I'm sure it won't last and I'll be back to managing yet another crises soon enough. But for the time being, I want a weekend of contentment.

So, think of me as I head out of school today, into the weekend. We've got a birthday party for my 1 year old niece, some Walmart shopping, and church on Sunday morning planned. That's it. I'll sprinkle in some laundry and maybe clean a bathroom or two. I'll probably make the boys try on a ton of clothes to see what still fits. But that's it. Normalcy at it's best.. I hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment