Saturday, August 22, 2009

The DAY

It's the last Sat of Summer. And I'm a little down. My time is no longer my own. It's time once again to take on the stress of lots of little people.. and some big ones, too. I am mourning this trip back to school more than usual. Josh starts Kindergarten on Monday. ACK! My guy is now an offical kid.. The year of questions has begun. Ryan is in third grade.. the year of girls has begun.. I don't think I am mentally prepared for this.

Chris asked if we wanted to take a trip up to the church tonight while he got ready for tomorrow. I politely declined. With dishes (I cooked messy food) and laundry (clean sheets for 3 changes, cuz it's the start of school)and wanting my last bit of peace and quiet, it wasn't going to happen.

So, as I listen to the dishes washing, the clothes washer spinning away and the quiet of no TV on, I am a little sad to see it go... but glad I have the opportunity to reflect a bit.

What a great summer! Chris's job, free time, kids old enough to not need me every waking moment, free public library, new truck, good friends, fun trips, family time, walks around the neighborhood, time. I do enjoy the luxury of time. I waste too much of it, but, as I said, it is a luxury. I think I should get to use it the way I see fit. :) Well, with God's blessing and direction. And I do feel like He let me know I needed time for ME this summer break. So it was just that.. a summer BREAK.

Thanks Lord, for giving me the gift of time and the wisdom to appreciate it.

1 comments:

Kim said...

I hope it's a REALLY GOOD first day for everyone and that your class is super sweet this year!

Post a Comment