Saturday, April 4, 2015

Who is this?

After a little sabbatical, I thought it was finally time to add another post. Mostly, Mom was anxious and missed reading about my life in this odd platform.

I've been up since 5:25 this morning. My alarm was set for 5:30, so I obviously have to wake up 5 minutes before that. I didn't want to wake up then, but Son #1 had an early morning performance with his church ministry team. Hard to complain about rising early when your 14 year old wants to go and share Jesus with people. I mean, I could complain, but that would just show how shallow I can be.

So, since I was up early and couldn't go back to sleep when I got home, I checked my social media outlets, watched some online videos, and went grocery shopping. Did you know people at Walmart are actually really nice at 7:30 in the morning? One customer reminded me to check the expiration on the milk because he had just found some with a date from 3 weeks ago. Another lady was so polite and wished me a happy day when we met at the aisle crossing. The cashier chatted with me and suggested a fruit dip recipe while she rang up my many items. She even let a lady into the lane even though she was running late for her break. This is a great time to go shopping! I also noticed that all of these kind people were a bit older than myself. Let's kindly say they were in their "fall" years. Way to go baby boomers! You represented your generation well today. And you have inspired me to be more interested in people.

And since you bothered to read my post, here is a bonus picture of a recent trip I was on. You are welcome.  Who doesn't love a big whale?


0 comments:

Post a Comment