Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 2

This day started out slowly. The plan to take the husband to work early derailed when he decided to just sleep in. Then we went to get his truck from the shop. We are down one truck heater and $100 and consider it a win. If you want to know why, it's because I don't have to take him in to work anymore this week.

I went shopping on the way home. When I got back the boys were all like "Where ya been?" "Oh, I see, shopping, did you get good stuff?" And then I made them pizza and they loved me for the rest of the day.....Or not.

When Project Reclamation started, they were moderately motivated. 45 minutes into the drama of sorting room detritis, they were looking for an out. 90 minutes into it, they were downright whiny and rude. After 2 hours, there was a wee break and then they were back at it. Only after a severe lecture highlighting the benefits of efficient time management and receiving of The Look, did they finally get it in gear and accomplish the task set before them. Time elapsed: 3 hours 17 minutes. Needless to say, I got a lot of work done that I needed doing with no one clamoring for the computer.

I, on the other hand, read some books, completed a presentation, started another assignment, cooked dinner, and did some laundry. Now we have towels to dry ourselves with.

It's been a good day.



0 comments:

Post a Comment