Monday, June 4, 2012

Captain's Log
Summer 2012 - Day 1

In a curious and disturbing turn of events I awoke with a start at 0530 and smiled because I knew I could go back to sleep. At 05:45 I was silently cursing my internal alarm as I flipped and flopped attempting to regain sleeping status. At 0630, I was again awakened by the husband's alarm and happily fell back asleep. At 0740ish my husband wished me goodbye and happy first day of summer as he headed to The Job. I believe I detected a bit of envy in his tone, but the sleepies overtook me before I could determine the reality of that feeling. When I awoke again at 0900 it was time to face the world. I have already received one communication from The Workplace requesting that I come by to finish something that they had not had ready last week. I have a list of things to accomplish this day and hope that the list will get done so I can start reading a new book I have. I am off to conquer the list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment