Monday, May 28, 2012

Dreaming

Well, maybe it started that way, as a dream, but doesn’t everything? –James (James and the Giant Peach)



This quote really made me think about what I'm dreaming about. Lately, it's been weirdo dreams; gigantic waves, mewling kittens, and one with pickle chips. I don't normally remember any of my dreams, but the last few days, they have stuck with me. But those aren't the dreams I am talking about.

What am I dreaming of doing/being/seeing/creating/being involved in? As a non-dreamer, more of a do-er this is hard for me. My practical side almost always takes over and the dream is disassembled and rated before it can fully form. I think that's why I am attracted to dreamers, people who think new thoughts and don't let reality interfere. They have always provided my starting point.

But that's not happening right now. I am in a place in life where I want what I am doing to be about what I need to do, not what I need to do to help others achieve their dreams. It's one of the reasons I am going back to school this fall (assuming acceptance happens). But my dreams need to be more than getting a degree. They need to help me fulfill my life mission. That life vision, God given track that shapes me into His vessel for use in His great plan.

And health is huge in this. I have a dream to be healthy and active and sassy and fun and able to keep up with my kids. This is gonna require some lifestyle changes that no longer involve the couch and a bag of snack mix. It's going to require that I plan more and organize better and direct the household activities more efficiently. And it seems like more than I can handle. Most days it seems that way. But I think that God has planted a dream in my heart to be more for Him and do more for others. And I can only do this if I am healthy and have more stamina than a newborn. The thought of facing the mountains in Glorietta in 2 weeks has shaken me a bit. Last year I couldn't make it up the mountain and through tears, I vowed to do better next year. Well, it's next year and I am in no better shape than I was last year. But I'm still going to try and make it up the mountain. Both literally and figuratively.

And here are some thinking poses of people cuter than I am.


1 comments:

Kim said...

I'm proud of you for climbing mountains. Love you lady... it's going to be a great summer!

Post a Comment