Saturday, July 19, 2008

Where's the Job?

I'm bummed. Just frustrated and sad at the lack of job opportunities to meet our family's needs. Teaching positions are filling up fast. No call for an interview on any of the resumes we sent in there. Church positions are starting to open up... in other parts of the country. I know we couldn't make a move without some serious divine intervention.

And I know that God's got a plan in all of this. I am still awestruck by the way He provided some reliable transportation for us in a 24 hour turn around time. I should be content to know that we are in His hands and that the job will come when it is supposed to. But I'm not really content with that thought. Mostly because I want some movement on this sooner, rather than later.

God is faithful to protect and provide for us. Period. Whether I like how He does it or not. But I feel like I've stopped learning from this process. I've learned a lot too. How we can live frugally and financially soundly. Patience when things aren't going right. I've learned how to be more sensitive to others when hard times hit. I've even had a lot of pride erased through needing others in areas of physical and emotional support. I've loved having time with the whole family together this summer. Time to just "be" without outrageous demands of ministry.

And in all of that, I want this season of life over. I want to be able to use some of these lessons to help others. I want to stop the stress of knowing that my husband is on the brink (or way over some days) of depression. I want my children to have the ability to tell kids what their daddy does for a living. I want to stop having to explain the situation to everyone who asks "What's Chris up to these days?" I'm ready to focus on the here and now, wherever that's going to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment