Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My 35th Birthday










Yesterday was my 35th birthday. It hit me a little different than others. I'm am officially "middle aged". I don't think I like that classification. And I don't really know why. I don't care about my age. I'll tell anyone who asks, though I AM trying to teach my boys that it's rude to ask. I think it hit me because I finally feel my age. I haven't felt my age since I was about 17.

So here's what I did. I got up, made coffee and fed the kids. Then I went out to lunch and shopping for new glasses with my best friend. It was so good to see her. I didn't get any glasses, but we had fun trying them on. And I found out that Wal Mart is no cheaper than anywhere else. They just have worse lighting. Then I came home and took a nap while Chris watched his history DVDs from the library. Then the boys surprised me with excellent cards, perfume, and a French Silk Pie. They think I'm "unbelievable" according to the card. :) After that I went to work out. And by "work out" I mean I went to the gym and walked a treadmill for a bit. I'll do more later. Then, I got ready to go out for a lovely evening of Mexican food and hanging out with my Man.


On the way to dinner my car blew up. Something popped in the engine and we lost power and the ability to use the gas pedal. After some serious car babying, we got it to a gas station driveway and waited for the tow truck for an hour. It was after nine by the time we all got home. So I had Whataburger for dinner.

Now I am worried about how we're going to afford a new car. I am assuming my car is beyond repair. It sure sounded like it last night. I'm gonna miss my car. I think I might just be sad about losing my car this way. Quick, unexpected, the end.

This birthday has reminded me that I need to be more proactive in life. I need to quit waiting for things to happen and then reacting. I need to be the catalyst for whatever happens. So, I decided to start working out like I should. And I decided to do what needs to be done, even if others don't join me. I'm going to get new glasses after a long time. And I'm going to pray when I don't want to. I will start that regular savings program. That's my plan anyway. And since it seems like I'll be buying a car now, I have some creative financing to figure out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment