Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekend Woes or Wonders??

My weekend plans were derailed by a stomach virus which took up residence in my youngest child. The original plan was: go to Ft Worth on Thursday night with my husband and spend Fri and Saturday at Youth Lab learning all sorts of new stuff about working with teenagers, hanging out with other youth workers, hanging out with our teen leaders, and being a grown up with no kids of my own to take care of.

That was the plan. Instead I got to: Leave school early on Thursday to take my dehydrated son to the Dr. so we could get antinausea meds so he'd stop throwing up, spend Thurs. night as a single Mom trying to get a fever to come down and get my little guy rehydrated, spend Friday at home with him as he came back to life and take care of my oldest and his mood swings at being taken out of school early for the 3rd day in a row.

On the bright side, I got LOADS of laundry done, spent some good quality time with my kids, achieved a nice, high Bejeweled score on FB, slept in until almost 9:30 on Sat morning, finished a fairly decent novel, deposited check in the bank, made oldest child feel special with a little after school snack at Sonic that his brother didn't get, AND I didn't have to wear makeup!

Woes and Wonders, it's all just a matter of perspective.

1 comments:

Kim said...

aww... hope everyone is feeling well now!

Post a Comment