Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Waking up during Christmas Break

Waking up around the house of W'ham has a definite routine, but Christmas Break always changes things up.  It currently goes something like this:

5:00 - trip to the RR to pee and back to bed
7:30 - The Hubby's alarm goes off and he hits snooze
7:40 - The Hubby gets up and so do I.
7:42 - I get downstairs and find The Youngling watching Power Rangers. I start the coffee for me and try to wipe the sleepy from my eyes.

At this point Time does that wiggly dreamlike thing  for an unknown time while I check email, facebook, blogger, twitter, and pinterest and make some breakfast and drink more coffee

8:37 - the coffee kicks in and I wake up realizing the husband has left for work and the Oldest Child has joined the blanket pile on the couch.
9:00 - I realize I need to get started on the day soon or it will all be gone.
9:15 - I realize I need toget started on the day soon or it will all be gone.
9:30 - I unplug myself from the computer and get dressed to start the day.

I really like this. It's not efficient or effective for much of anything, but for once I don't feel pressure to be-do-see-make anything. My blood pressure thanks the makers of Christmas Break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment