Saturday, May 14, 2011

5 years in 5 days

Whew! So much is happening in life right now. Years of work and planning and hoping and hurting and dreaming and maintaining seem to be coming to fruition.

It starts with Chris's graduation. OH, how happy I am. So proud of his accomplishment because I know what a journey it was. I lived it with him. Under the same roof. Day in and day out. For 14 years. Of course, he wasn't in school all that time, but when he wasn't he was wanting to be. He completed his coursework in January, but the ceremony was a true culmination. To see him in cap and gown, walking the stage, receiving the congratulations he deserves is a  beautiful thing.

Then there's the cruise. Yeah, we've wanted to go on a cruise for about 5 years. Relaxing time away doing something different, away from our normal life. With buffet included. Tee Hee. Getting to surprise him was a great thing too. He didn't see it coming. A surprise gift is my favorite kind to give. Especially when it has been longed for.


 There's more to tell. I'll write about it when I can. But timing is everything. Right?

1 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!!! You're going on a cruise?!? Awesome! I can't wait to hear about it!

I SOOOO wish we could have made it to graduation. If only we had a pet dinosaur... we could have ridden him and not had to pay for gas. Grr.

Post a Comment